Vauxhall Vivaro Fuel Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help.
I have a Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9 Diesel and it is using excessive amounts of fuel. It doesn't seem to have a leak, if anyone has any ideas as to what the fault could be,could they please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Is there excessive black smoke being emitted from the exhaust?

If the exhaust is normal, then I suggest there must be a fuel leak somewhere, or possibly some kind person is syphoning fuel from your tank.

Wotan

Have you checked the consumption by brimming the tank at least twice? How bad is the fuel consumption?

Peter

Hi wonder if anyone can help.
I have a Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9 Diesel and it is using excessive amounts of fuel. It doesn't seem to have a leak, if anyone has any ideas as to what the fault could be,could they please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
[/quote]

I get about 500 miles to a full tank, excessive fuel use without obvious symptoms (smoke, fuel leak) can be alot of things (MAF, Boost sensor, egr, etc etc) so fault codes are the key...without its just guess work..

For £40 you can buy a diagnostic scanner and read these codes yourself and it will read codes from other makes too, so good investment....

Sponsored Links
How were you able to resolve your problem? I seemed to have replaced my MAF,Boost sensor and recently I got an EGR pierburg parts but it did not help..
Maybe it is best to look at your repair book then study the trouble shooting section for other causes creating similar symptoms. Providing additional details would really be helpful in your future queries. Provide some specs about your particular car, then describe other factors pertinent to your problem.

Back