Vauxhall Vivaro fuel problem?/wiring diagram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year all, staying with a mate this week and his Vivaro van wouldn't start.

It's a 1.9dci, 54 plate.
Symptoms were that he started the van OK, went to pull away and it stopped within 3 yards, after which it wouldn't re-start.
I disconnected the MAF sensor, and squeezed the fuel priming bulb, tried again and it started. Reconnected the MAF and it started again. He drove 20 miles without incident.
The next morning it wouldn't start, even after disconnecting the MAF.
Squeezed the priming bulb, drained the fuel filter of 10cc fluid (no water evident), bled the air vent (little or no air present)...then it started.
The STOP lamp on the instrument panel is lit, does NOT flash, but goes out once the van starts.

My questions:-

1. Does the Vivaro 1.9dCi have a tank mounted electric lift pump?
2. Does this pump run continuously?
3. Is there a relay/fuse for this pump, and where are they?
4. Can anyone point me to the location of a wiring diagram so I can eliminate some of the possibles rattling around in my head?

With respect, I'm not interested in "I had this problem and it turned out to be this and that", I've searched similar threads already and usually they go off on a tangent fairly quickly. Just answers to any or all of the 4 questions above would help greatly. :)

Sponsored Links
If it does have a pump you should be able to hear it run for a second or so when you turn the ignition on - if its working of course. I would suggest you check the top of the fuel tank, it probably has an inspection cover somewhere, if it has more than two wires going in it probably has a pump.

Peter

sorry i cant answer any of the 4 but wiring problems in the engine bay are common, particularly if it has a bosch ect sensor. Examine the wiring harness paying particular attention to the plug connections in this area.

Sponsored Links
Back