Vauxhall vivaro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vauxhall vivaro it’s still under warranty. When it’s cold it don’t smoke when when it’s hot it’s smokes and smells of burning oil. It’s had a new turbo on and it’s had the DPF cleaned twice and the garage have said it might be doing a regen. I don’t think it is. I picked it up from the garage last night no smoking went to work this morning no smoke I got home now it’s smoking again. Any idea s would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
My vauxhall, different engine, old zafira model, will overheat and smoke unless I run it for half an hour at high revs every few weeks. Its a problem with constant short journeys.

In 2009, we bought a brand new Golf 2.0 GTTDI. From new, whenever it did a regen, you could certainly smell it - it smelled like someone had squirted some barbecue lighter fluid on a fire - it made my eyes water ! If it did it at night, you could see the fuel mist around the engine area when you had the bonnet up.

You don't say what mileage you have, but observe the oil level very closely indeed - just in case it rises or falls.
Personally I'd suspect the turbo......was this a new one or an unknown quantity replacement?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Is the smoke from the exhaust, or from under the bonnet?

Blue, black, white, other colour smoke ?

But pay attention to burnermans post above. Watch that oil level, closely

Smoke is from exhaust it’s white and smells of burning. They only told me it had a new turbo not sure if new or refurbished one. The oil level hasn’t really changed to be honest. It’s going back to the garage tomorrow night again told them to keep it till it’s fixed.

White smoke suggests water/coolant burning, on a hot engine.

What mileage and age is van? Head gasket issues maybe?

It’s a 16 plate not sure on mileage think it’s in 97000 mark.

Smoke is from exhaust it’s white and smells of burning. They only told me it had a new turbo not sure if new or refurbished one. The oil level hasn’t really changed to be honest. It’s going back to the garage tomorrow night again told them to keep it till it’s fixed.
Whilst I empathise with your situation telling them that is effectively signing a blank cheque :unsure:
Diagnosis time costs. Ensure you are kept up to date with their progress (or lack of it) & insist on any replaced parts being retained.

It’s still under warranty so I won’t be paying anything I’m also getting a van while mine is in the garage.

It’s still under warranty so I won’t be paying anything I’m also getting a van while mine is in the garage.
Sorry, I missed the warranty bit & that changes everything.
Hope you get a result in the end.

Sponsored Links
Back