vedtra spare wheel ????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have recently bought a vectra estate 07 and it has 19 inch alloy wheels on and i noticed that it has a 13 inch spare. its one of those emergency spares but surely it is ilegal to put a 13 inch wheel on with a 19 inch can anyone tell me what size spare wheel it should be if it was to be put on the front it surely cause the transmition to overheat comments please baz

Sponsored Links
I would imagine your 19" wheels are after market ones?
Either way, the diameter of your wheels, and the space saver spare, needs to be the same. The width doesn't, as its a get you home measure only.
John :)

Its not really just the wheel diameter that is the issue, the 19" has probably got very low profile tyres i.e. about an inch or so of tyre on show, but the 13" spacesaver wheel will have a much deeper tyre i.e. about 4 inches of tyre on show.

The best way is to stand the wheels next to each other, a small amount of difference will probably not make much odds, as the spacesaver spares are only really intended as a get you home and will have a speed restriction stamped on them

Sponsored Links
19" is a standard now on the vectra (SNowflakes ??)
But i would assume the space saver to be nearer 15".
as said so long as they are the same diameter all is good
Different wheel sizes is not illegal

19" standard wheels :eek: Hell, that'll shake a few fillings out :confused:
With our roads - sorry tracks - in the state they are just now, these low profile wheels will soon be square rather than round. I've replaced 3 this year already for folks and at around £300 per wheel, it just aint funny.
John :)

This will sound odd but
last car 18" rims with 35 profile tyre on track suspension fully strut braced up ( lower and upper front and rear) mitsi VR4
Current car standard Meriva 15" with 65 profile
Two cars have the same wheel base but the VR4 had a much better ride.

Touch wood never buckled a wheel but was always careful for pot hole and still am. Eg today followed a newish ford on low profile alloys the driver just bounced through all the pot holes yet even in my bus i just drifted to the right and missed them all??
I have got caught out once in a while on the low profile stuff but the wheels i had where always better than OE stuff

Back