Veissman ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, been away for two days and came back to no hot water/heating.
F4 fault on display indicating ignition fault. (Vitodens 100)
If its the electrode should I still be hearing clicking from the spark generator, (the boiler is going through its start sequence ok but I dont have the final clicking sound of the ignition.) Or is it the electrode itself that makes the noise, in which case how do I know which is at fault. Or in fact could the problem be at the panel. I can use a meter but dont know what reading to look for at the generator leads.
Cheers for any help Ian.

Sponsored Links
Do u have gas?

Check at another source if possible.

How old it the boiler/ has it been serviced? I work on a lot of these and never had to change electrodes.

Boiler is 7 yrs old, last serviced just over a yr ago, when heat ex changed.
The f4 fault was common on the 100 due to duff electrodes, mine was replaced under warranty. I dont want to replace electrode and spark gen unneccesarily,without testing, if it is a fault further down line.
Sorry to sound tight but I,ve been out of work for some time and every penny counts.
I would like to check the input to the spark unit but dont know what the reading should be.
Gas supply ok.
EDIT-- That should read duff spark generators.

Sponsored Links
As I am getting no voltage reading at all at the spark generator, and there is continuity in all leads to it, am I correct in thinking it can only be the pcb at fault, in which case is there any reg to say I cant change it myself.
It seems to be a straightforward job to pull off all the connectors and replace them on the new board.

Viessmann do a fixed-price repair service, which is cheaper than the cost of a new PCB (at least, it was a couple of years ago when I had similar problems). Sounds like this may be your best bet?

Have found out via Viessman help line, reading should be 300 v dc on spark,
which I aint got, so new pcb it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back