Velux Dormer Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone have any experience of these? I've proposed them in our loft conversion but to date haven't found a single builder who's heard of them let alone installed. Velux have nowhere to go and view them so my only reference point is their marketing material. They look amazing but nervous to commit without any reviews! Any thoughts / comments would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-092448_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-092448_Samsung Internet.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
Do you have a designer or someone doing your construction drawings? Or are you just expecting the builder to know how to fit them with no detailed drawings?

Depends which type the OP is after, some fit half in the eaves and half in the roof, all sorts of other weird velux solutions and transmogrifications are available.

Sponsored Links
Type into youtube Velux dormer and watch the first video that comes up and that should link you to more videos of Velux dormers. I have fitted mini dormers before but the problem with fitting the larger ones is you will need to remove major roof components, which then adds to the costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back