Velux Pane Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I need to fit a new dg pane in an 18 year old velux roof window. Any advice on method or likely snags appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ring Velux and give them the model number which is on the inside on the top of the frame, they will know the size & thickness of the double glazed, then have it sent down to you. You could have the double glazed unit made up by the glazier shop but they will need to know the thickness of the unit. To take out the window, open it all the way back and there is a banana shape hinges on each side then press the metal button inward then unhook the whole window out of the frame. It will be easier with 2 people doing this. Unscrew the bottom side cover plate then undo the aluminium frame, the unit should come out ! Might be idea to renew the rubber seal while your at it as it may get damage when removing the unit.

I've had to replace several Velux panes over the years, when you order the unit from Velux is comes in a very strong casing complete with all rubbers, packers and all the other bits you'll need.

I was well impressed the first time I had to do this, after opening the 'box' seeing all the stuff included. It wasn't even that expensive.

The larger units can be very heavy though, you may need two or even three people to do this safely, depening on the unit size.

Whole job takes about half an hour.

Sponsored Links
:) Thank you both. All I need now is someone to stop the rain........ :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back