Velux Window Fitting Question

Do you mean your are 3.3m over the size on the plans or 3.3m in overall width of the extension I'm assuming its the extension width

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, it's all gone wrong then.

Well you would certainly need to sort the tiles out before the building control bloke see it. If he's sharp, he might even question the velux.

Looking at your picture of the skylight from the inside is that membrane
a breathable one?

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, it's all gone wrong then.

Well you would certainly need to sort the tiles out before the building control bloke see it. If he's sharp, he might even question the velux.

He might do, he should do, nothing surprises me though. I wouldn't be surprised if he said nothing at all about it.

I certainly reject the roof like this, building control or not. I know from the builder that I may get the answer 'building control would pass it, so therefore there's nothing wrong with it', but it's not building control living here or paying for it.

49s don't go to 12.5 granulated or not. Regents do though. (with correct headlap)

Yes, I had meant to say Regent and not 49. The link to the tile in my post is for a regent, which is now what's on the roof.

Yes, I had meant to say Regent and not 49. The link to the tile in my post is for a regent, which is now what's on the roof.
Excellent! All you need to do now is remove the Velux and you are sorted.

There's a leak around the bottom corner of one of the Velux windows now. It didn't leak before, so I wonder if the flashing got damaged in the change over to the new tiles.

The other isn't leaking, so I can see what we can do, before swapping them out for
something suitable for lower pitch, such as Frako.

Last edited:
I've localised the leak to the flashing, just on the edge, between the tiles and actual window. I need to decide before swapping it out for a EDW 15deg flashing kit or take the lot out for something like a Frako, which will work as low as 10 deg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back