Venetian roof and window blinds in a conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a reputable fitter/supplier/maker of venetian blinds for both roof and windows in a UPVC conservatory?

All the suppliers that ive seen make/fit roman type blinds, however venetian blinds would offer the best versatility re. totally shutting out light, or shading what can be a hot room, so that it could be used as a spare guest bedroom if necessary...

I would like a professional fit, 25mm width slats, rather than adapting generic blinds to fit, especially where the corners of the roof is concerned.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

rem

Sponsored Links
we had blinds custom made for our windows at the local blind shop

but i have never seen veneetian blinds on a roof, perhaps there is a reason (as in they will fall down due to weight) which is why roof blids have strings to hold them up

Velux windows have a venetian option, which must be supported somehow on guide/support wires, so i was thinking of something like that...

How the roof blinds in the corners would unfold into an angled recess, i'm not sure, but probably in the same way that the roman blinds are gathered at the bottom, then unfold to the apex at the top

Sponsored Links
as you said, they are velux blinds for velux windows, i just googled them, they sit in a "track" which is why the dont fall out.

google for blinds and ask them who come up, but i have only ever seen "cloth" roof blinds, but it doesnt mean that some one doesnt make them, but they will (probably need supporting, and i bet they cant make a triangular one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back