venetion blinds..rods or strings ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ordered my made to measure venetion blinds local company and stipulated that i wanted chestnut wooden 35mm blinds with the rods that you twist to tilt the blinds..they said ok on sat when i ordered but rang me today to say there supplier now only does the ones with strings only! which is not what i wanted..i wanted the rail rod etc to be all in brown also and not in white..is this unusual not to be able to get these blinds to my spec or should i look elsewhere that does..cheers

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get just want you want elsewhere, my wood blinds all have hardwood control rods and timber headers.

cheers fox...where did you purchase them frm + my supplier states that they dont tend to do them now as they have had problems with the rods snapping off at the top where the are atached to the mechanism ? anybody else had these problems & would advise against them cheers again

Sponsored Links
Bought ready made from Dunelm, cut them to size myself. No problem with wands breaking, though the plastic variety tend to shatter if trapped in the window.The corded variety tend to be cheaper Chinese import and avoided due to increased risk of child strangulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back