Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, iv recently bought a vent axia piv unit. Iv noticed there is a space on the unit where a plug goes possibly for controls. The problem is I cant find any controls for it online, I wondered if there was anyone who could point me in the right direction, or if its not for a controller then possibly tell me what it is.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20211121_104921.jpg
    20211121_104921.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Although I do not know anything about this unit, I did have a quick trawl of the internet!
...and like you, have not come up with any answers to what the socket does.

I have seen mention of a humidity sensor, but I don't know where that would connect.

I strongly suspect, it may be something like a serial/USB port for updating, troubleshooting, assisting install, or downloading the report logs, but that is a complete guess.

Possibly moving this post to the 'Plumbing and central heating' section may attract the attention of a ventilation installer? :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you look at the picture of the unit at the start of the install instructions it only shows one socket above the mains outlet. The only mention of 2 sockets that I can see are on page 5 where it mentions installing a heater. My conclusion was that it is something to do with fitting a heater. The only other thing I can think of is that it is something that had a use but is not now on new models.