Ventilation ducting in loft detached from roof vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've just moved into a new build property and on inspection of the loft, noticed the ventilation pipes / ducting from the downstairs and upstairs bathrooms have detached from the two exit vents in the roof. As you can see in the pictures, the black hanging pipe is actually too short to reach the exit vent, so it has been left hanging and dripping. The pile of insulated ducting was attached to a black tube via gaffer tape but has also detached.

I've since bought some new insulated ducting, but I don't know how I should attach it to the exit vents because they seem to be some kind of oval shape which I can't find anywhere on screwfix etc. Does anyone know what I can do? the exit vents are 11cm x 9cm

Thanks a lot,

Don
20181201_173309.jpg
20181201_173300.jpg
20190106_180548.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernard, I did contact them but as the homes are a few years old they said they only cover structural problems...

but I don't know how I should attach it to the exit vents because they seem to be some kind of oval shape
You need the specific adaptor for that type of vent. There are many different types.
However you already have the adaptors - they are the black flexible pipes.

Adaptors fix to the vents in the roof, your flexible ducting connects to the adaptors.

Sponsored Links
Thanks flameport, I wasn't sure about those adaptors because they were a slightly different shape and as they'd fallen off I thought they might be a bodge job. I'll give them a go anyway maybe they weren't tightened up enough. In regards to attaching the ducting to the adaptor, the previous person just wrapped loads of gaffer tape around it, is that still the best option?

Don

20181201_173117.jpg
Hello again, i'm still having problems with this soil pipe I hope someone can help. The grey pipe is too short so I need some kind of sealed part to extend it which can fit into the black extendable connector. I have no idea what to buy anymore. The black connector has jubilee clips on both ends. Thanks.

Thanks madrab, so I cut that to size then literally push it on the end of the other pipe and it will remain watertight? Also how far do I push it on, just enough for it to be secure?

Don

As far as you can, about 75mm until it stops. A bit of lubrication will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back