Vent-Axia VASF100T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am trying to install a new bathroom fan. It’s a Vent-Axia VASF100T which is a timed fan requiring live, switched live and neutral connections. I ran a second live wire and can get the fan running. My problem is it doesn’t stop. I want to be sure I’ve wired it correctly before I try to take it back with a fault timer. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to check the timer. I have a multimeter and am reasonably competent

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Take pics of the connections you have made at the fan ,indicating which is the permanent live and switched live and post here please.

You've either taken the permanent live from the light instead of switched, or if you haven't adjusted the timer, these are set to 15 minutes from the factory which is quite long.

Does the fan come on with the light, or does it start up as soon as power is restored?

Sponsored Links
I ran a second live wire and can get the fan running. My problem is it doesn’t stop.
What exactly do you mean by that?

If you just connected a second live wire to the switched live terminal - to see if it works - then of course it will not stop until you disconnect it and wait for the timer to run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back