Vent slate to take 4" pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm fitting a shower extractor fan light in my upstairs bathroom and the only place to run the 4 inch pipe is through the loft space, due to the design of my house i can't have the extractor vent coming out through the soffit boards/eaves. So i was wondering, is there such a thing as a vent slate that i can fit into my roof and connect the flexible extractor pipe to? If so what price are they?

I'm getting my roof done anyway so this won't be to much hassle. The roof is in random size Buttermere slate.

any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
a standard pitched lead slate will suffice. use a piece of 110mm plastic drain pipe to duct through the roof then fit a dome cowl to the top to keep the rain out.

fitting the dome cowl close to the lead upstand umberellas the whole show.
flashing_lead_225.jpg

resize

Thanks guys, ill have a look at my local builders merchants to see what they have now i know they are available. Only problem with the 1st one with the screw fix link was that its for a tiled roof, it doesn't mention slated.

Sponsored Links
a standard pitched lead slate will suffice. use a piece of 110mm plastic drain pipe to duct through the roof then fit a dome cowl to the top to keep the rain out.

flashing_lead_225.jpg

resize

I have an existing lead slate flash with 110mm pipe inside it that protrudes about 8" off the tile. Can I cut this down to the minimum to shorten it?

flashing_lead_225.jpg

resize

Can the lead outlet pipe be cut a little shorter on thses fittings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back