Vent through vertical tiled wall

BTC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put two 100mm vents through a vertical tiled wall on a dormer. It's tiled with plain tiles.

I've been looking around the internet at various roof vents that are designed for pitched roofs, I don't know whether these would do - they're not cheap and I don't know where to go to buy them.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You can use a proper tile vent, and if you get the type that looks like a tile - rather than the massive terminal, then it will be unobtrusive. These are about £15

You will need a connector kit too if fitting to an extractor - another £15 or so

Or you can just vent with a lead slate and pipe terminal or normal cowl

Sponsored Links
I guess that you just nail the lead slate to the battens and then put the tiles back around it?

I'm also guessing that the tube goes out. I'd need to cut it down if possible as it stands an awfully long way proud for a vertical wall (maybe more applicable on a flat or pitched roof.

Having just got the air conditioner through and looked at the Pipe fittings, they come already with an external vent grill. I reckon that I could get that in watertight with flashing tape so I think I'll give that a go in the first instance.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Flashing tape, would not be my first choice up on a hard to access dormer. Something with a bit of permanence may be more suitable

I went for flashing tape in the end. The dormer is getting ready for a re-insulation, re-felt and re-tile in the next few years, so I'll get it made more permanent then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back