Ventaxia Light & Fan question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the light part of a Ventaxia luminaire IP57 light and fan unit is not working, the fan runs but with no light. I havent been to the house yet, but they have tried several new lamps (12V 35W) with no success, has anyone any experience of these. My first thought would be the transformer has gone, but does the transformer provide power to both the light and the fan ?

Sponsored Links
What model of Vent Axia is it. Both parts (fan and light) are normally in-line with the transformer. I would suspect a fault lamp-holder, possibly the pin holders or the connections.
Try gently wiggling the lamp(bulb) in the holder and see if it lights up.

going to have a look tomorrow..cheers for the advice!!

Both parts (fan and light) are normally in-line with the transformer.
Really?

I have fitted several of these. In every case only the light is powered by a separate transformer. I would suspect the transformer, associated wiring or (as you suggest) the lamp holder itself/.

Sponsored Links
Really?

I have fitted several of these. In every case only the light is powered by a separate transformer.
My experience is different to yours, as I cannot argue that there are models that do supply LV fans and a ELV light. In general most of the models I have fitted, not all Vent-Axia, but without doubt some are both ELV fan and light. If my memory serves me well? The LuminAir kit comes to mind.

The instructions indicate that there is a transformer/controller for teh fan and a SEPARATE transformer for the light!
http://www.vent-axia.com/files/pdf-downloads/442897.pdf
The ones I have fitted, have one set of LV terminals to one trany and that trany has two pair of terminals on the secondary, one pair lead to fan and one lead to the light.
I will try Google the MI or photo copy some instructions I may have kicking about.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back