Vented hot water cylinder replacement.

sww

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cold feed connection to my 30 year old cylinder is leaking at the shell. Instead of going through the processs of draining down to try to repair it I thought it might just be a good time to replace the cylinder with a new one.
Existing install is copper pipe all round. Question is can I use cPVC pipe work connected direct to the cylinder in the replacement instead of copper pipe. This would be for cold feed, hot water outlet, vent and heating coil inlet/outlet.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i must have had

so we cannot fit push fit on heating systems now?

on to hot taps?

am I missing summink.

:)

i wanna go home my head hurts

Yes i was aware of thatg

but not bwing alllowed to connect to a cylinder is new to me

:)

other than looking shyte that is

:mrgreen:

Gotta love that plastic , makes for a great looking job. :p ..............having never used plastic i would guess experiance is needed when joining this stuff?

Can't beat the look of plastic pipe & fittings when fitting out boiler rooms/cylider cupboards. :LOL:

no reason not to fit plastic other than asthetics, as already said the only place you cant use it is direct connection to the boiler (and of course gas pipework).

I used Speedfit last week for the hot connection on a cylinder, I also use it for the cold feed connections if I can clip it properly, nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back