Replacing hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have to replace my hot water cylinder but wanted to check a few things before I embark on the task.

I have got the new cylinder and it seems fairly straightforward apart from the fact my current cylinder does not have a drain point (its a very old cylinder). How do I drain the current cylinder when there is no drain point?

Additionally the outlet on the top of the current cylinder is a 22mm copper elbow directly on top the cylinder whereas the new cylinder has an outlet for 28mm copper pipe. Is there a special fitting that goes onto the top of the new cylinder (I cant seem to find anything that fits it)? Is it ok to just add a couple of inches of 28mm copper pipe on to the outlet followed by an elbow and then a reducer to connect the new cylinder to the existing 22mm pipework?

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

Regards.
John

Sponsored Links
yes your thoughts are fine...slight incline to air move out.

to drain, drain hot water via a open tap. drain hot cyclinder by undoing the top connection, insert a length of copper/plastic pipe to a couple of inches of the bottom, connect a hose to the other side...take the other side of the hose outside and suck baby, suck.....it will come

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back