Vented, indirect cylinder recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing my old DHW cylinder, with a new, vented, indirect cylinder.

Given the constraints of the location, I'm limited by size and want to use a quick recovery coil.

Whilst there are lots of copper, indirect, vented, quick recovery cylinders, I cant seem to find a stainless steel, indirect, vented, quick recovery.

Does anyone make such a thing, or if not, would there be a preferred longer lasting copper cylinder manufacturer? Gledhill do give a 10 year warranty which sounds ok.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Why stainless? I've got a copper cylinder here that's been in use for at least 30 years, still holds water.

Why stainless? I've got a copper cylinder here that's been in use for at least 30 years, still holds water.
I'll bet it hasn't got an anode in the bottom ;) Those things fell down and corroded the bottoms of many cylinders

Sponsored Links
I'll bet it hasn't got an anode in the bottom ;) Those things fell down and corroded the bottoms of many cylinders
No idea, never looked- it was in my old house when I bought it in 1991, hung onto it when I put a combi in there in 2017 then hooked it up to the woodburner here for a couple of years (before I put the thermal store in). It's now in honourable retirement, depending on how much a proper metal header tank for the store costs when I sort a final location for the thing it may end up having a headectomy and doing that job :)

We use stainless cylinders as replacements most of time .
I do live/work in a area where water is described as extremely aggressive!
Use R M cylinders most of time but if we need something bespoke use Newark cylinders there workmanship is excellent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back