venting a roof built with featheredge boarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i started changing my fascias and soffit today.

i bought some eave felt support trays and vent strips thinking i had felt under the tiles but my roof is constructed with feather edge boarding. ive taken the first two rows of tiles off the back of the house

can i still vent this roof with the strips over the fascias and use the trays to direct the water into the gutters?

i was thinking of removing the first feather edge board and fitting the support tray (cut down) then a small batten over the tray to hold the first row of tiles

will this work?

i didnt like the look of vented soffits

heres a pic

Sponsored Links
thinking of just putting it all back together without venting, 100 years went by with no issues :rolleyes:

Usually you find that support trays do not work very well with plain tiles like you have.
You should be fine simply replacing the facia as you have no felt on your roof and it will naturally vent through the gaps in the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back