Venting boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new gas Worcester greenstar boiler installed (80,000 btu version) and 4 radiators installed on my current fully pumped system, since this has been done my installer can't work out why all the radiators are not getting hot and the boiler vents and over flows if the boiler stat is turned right up. He is at the point now of giving up which will leave me with very little heating.

Any advice would be aprreciated.

I hope i have included all the info you require.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the boilers airlocked, did he fit any air vents on the circ's above the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Sorry but 80,000 btu and only 4 rads and you want to run the boiler on full ? ?

He only said "if" didn't he?!

Did the installer take out the little red plastic bungs they put in the F & R pipes to stop it dribbling in the packaging?

penpusher said:
sorry to state the obvious but he has opened the iso valves on the flow and return?

I have 4 rads out of 8 getting hot so i assume the flow and return are not isolated, is this a fair assumption?

ChrisR said:
He only said "if" didn't he?!

Did the installer take out the little red plastic bungs they put in the F & R pipes to stop it dribbling in the packaging?

I have got some rads working so i assume so, but can't say for sure

p2493710_l.jpg

take the srew out marked bleed and place a small screwdriver in and see if the shaft turns freely

kevplumb said:
p2493710_l.jpg

take the srew out marked bleed and place a small screwdriver in and see if the shaft turns freely

Thanks for this i will check tonight and let you know the outcome. Thanks for the advice, the help is appreciated

You only seem to be providing information in small quanties.

Are the four rads getting hot, the new ones or the old ones.

Gasman1015 said:
You only seem to be providing information in small quanties.

Are the four rads getting hot, the new ones or the old ones.

Sorry to sound vague, two rads are the new ones and two are old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back