venting soil stacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having work done on a house, we bought it with most of a first fit in and have been gradually finishing off over that past 18 months. Our final job is the ensuite off the master bedroom, originally the soil pipe ran from one end of the room to the other inside. We have now had this removed so that it runs straight out of the building from the toilet.

On the outside of the house there was a main soil pipe which is connected to the house bathroom and had been connected to this soil pipe. however there was also an unused soil stack (i think that is the correct term) much closer to the new point that the new soil pipe was exiting the building.

The guys doing the work have connected to this, however I thought that they would have to put in a vent pipe to this separate soil pipe which they haven't, and have told me that there is no need for one.

Is this correct? Seems a bit odd to me, as not sure how it can work being on a completely separate down pipe!

Any advice or if you could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks
K :confused:

Sponsored Links
If an open vent exists elsewhere on the system (and is still connected!!) then it may be that no further ventilation is required, however in most cases a Durgo would be used instead, if there's nothing there at all it might be cause for concern

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back