Verge Clips

Sponsored Links
maybe/probably. A roofing suppliers will have them. Your roofer should know where to get them

maybe/probably. A roofing suppliers will have them. Your roofer should know where to get them

The local builders merchant would have ordered the chosen tiles but there would be a delay of two to three weeks. (According to the builder) So I went and found the same tiles online and ordered them, they will arrive in just two days.

On discovering this he seemed less than happy. He said we need verge clips and then stomped off to another job he has on the go. I think he was putting off the tiling so he could get on with the other job and this has messed up his plan.

So to save face I need to go and buy these clips.

well you need Redland 9529 clips I think. there is a pocket guide on the Redland site , find your tiles and it will tell you all the correct clips and nails. Roofing superstore should have them otherwise a roofing suppliers. do you have a SIG roofing shop near you

Sponsored Links
well you need Redland 9529 clips I think. there is a pocket guide on the Redland site , find your tiles and it will tell you all the correct clips and nails. Roofing superstore should have them otherwise a roofing suppliers. do you have a SIG roofing shop near you

I have just checked, and we have two in Exeter so I will drive over and have a chat with them.

Thanks for your help.

I was able to buy the required clips at SIG in Exeter this morning. They were very helpful, so it's all good.

Or so I thought....

Spoke to the builder this evening and his other job is 'overrunning' he wont get back to me for two to three weeks!

So I have a roof that is felted and battened. I also have tiles, nails and verge clips. Very tempted to just get on with it myself.

Any tips gratefully received.

If you do get a string and mark chalk lines running top to bottom so all your tiles line up perfectly. Don't want a snaking tile line

I encountered a problem from the off. I thought I could cut them with small hand held disc cutter but it wasn't up to the job. Being the bank holiday weekend I haven't been able to hire anything. I have since read that you shouldn't use a disc cutter at all,...so not a great start.

Disc cutter with a diamond blade - should cut OK . Curious to what you read ;)

Disc cutter with a diamond blade - should cut OK . Curious to what you read ;)

I can't find it now, but it had something to do with H & S I think.

It's raining here today and I have noticed a dribble of water dripping off a rafter. So water must be getting through the membrane. I have been up but can't see any tears or holes. Any thoughts?

If there are no clear holes then I wouldn't worry about it. Fine to cut tiles with a diamond blade, just remember to cut on the joint side and not at the verge, unless its at an abutment then do the outside that will be under the flashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back