Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a new Veritas panel and have looked at the instructions

A - A +12V
B - B -VE Bell
C - C -VE TAMP
D - D 0V
S - S -VE STRB

This looks fairly basic, unfortunately, I only have a 4 core wire. I'm not that bothered about the tamper circuit, so how would I wire this up?

Sponsored Links
best way is:
panel poss - siren poss
panel neg - siren neg
panel tr neg to siren tr neg
panel bell neg to siren neg then do a link from siren bell neg to strobe neg!

the only problem with this is you will not get strobe confirmation when alarm is set!

you could also do the above and miss the link out and connect strobe neg at panel to siren strobe neg! but put a link in the panel between ov and tamper return!

I think I understand, that would be:

Panel Siren

A permanent + to A +12V
B Switched Neg to B -VE Bell
C Neg Tamp Rtn to C -VE TAMP
D Permanent Neg Supply (0v) to D 0V

and then link Siren b -ve bell to Siren S -VE STRB

I'm not quite sure about the last part, you're saying that instead of putting the link in above that I should connect panel strobe neg (S) to Siren strobe neg (S) and then link 0V and tamper return in panel. Would it not be easier to replace the 4 core cable with a 6 core?

One last thing, Do I have to make any changes to the jumpers in the siren box? They are all switched off at the moment.

Sponsored Links
yes you got it correct!

no there is no need to change the jumpers! just connect the battery when you have power to the unit!
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back