Veritas 8C - no battery back up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I've been in the middle of changing PIR on a zone I seem to have set the bell box off. I thought it was someone else's as my alarm panel was fine. I thought I best check outside and it turned out to be my bell box. I went to the alarm panel and the internal sounder was going off but ever so faintly.

Opened up the panel and found that the F2 fuse had blown. I've replaced the fuse with an identical one but now I'm finding that if the mains to the alarm is off then I get no battery backup and the bell box carries on going off with no lights and no interaction on the alarm panel.

I checked the battery and I get a decent 13V and the + and - wires leading to the battery were coming up with x amount of milliVolts.

What could be going wrong here?

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that. Just checked it and it's really cloudy in that fuse. So that one must have blown as well. Got a pack of 5 coming off of ebay.

Sponsored Links
Replaced fuse in F1 location and and now battery back up is working. Thanks again Sparkymarka :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back