Veritas 8c - where are the install guides plz

sorry gents i seem to have caused a bluster.....

the alarm is operational in all its finest glory - thanks to the anonymous donor.. your kind thoughts and wel meant verse has been duly noted.

you were of course correct in your estimations of the saxon male whose incessent ramblings no doubt cause all of you to aswitch off and go and do something less boring instead.

for the record.....
it was no big deal fixing a piece of plant that had become damaged. This is what is known as being neighbourly. The neighbour also helps me in return.

There was no need to decry my talent or indeed try and enrage the populos with trading standards nonsense...

have a nice day!

J

you think - wait till it fails to activate when its needed and lets see if his insurance company are as laid back as I am about who carries the can (best start googling "efficacy insurance" if I was you ... ours costs just over a grand a year for reference)

its about you guys realised this "posh doorbell " is more than that

Doesn't apply unless they've given you a discount. If you have standard insurance it's up to you what you do or whether you set it when leaving. Doesn't even come into the equation unless a discount is offered (which is why you should refuse a discount)

Sponsored Links
Doesn't apply unless they've given you a discount. If you have standard insurance it's up to you what you do or whether you set it when leaving. Doesn't even come into the equation unless a discount is offered (which is why you should refuse a discount)

totally wrong, misleading and frankly idiotic advice - neither you nor the "plant repair man..." know the of the neighbours insurance policy requirments, what was said when they renewed the policy or any small print but just to clarify I will repost my comments ammended to cover any such "get out..."

"you think - wait till it causes a small fire and see if the insurance company ....blah blah......"

seems that this is a contreversial topic and maybes we need an explanation ....

the wee wifie sleeps better at night when the wee alarm boax thingy is switched on!

every aspect of the system that is required has been tested switched on omited part set by an engineer with the correct literature with may I add the backing of his NACOSS approved pal!

I have to admit that his suggestion of rip the piece of **** out and get a real one is still on the table!!!!

maybe if the saxonite spent more time on his business and paid more attention to what he does on a dailly basis his liability or otherwise insurance would not be as high.

As a profesional engineer ( Ieng, Miee, etc etc etc ) I have my own insurance needs and should I wish to update this I would be looking over an insurance web site - not a site dealing with electrical goods and their operation.

It seems that once again I owe the populus an apology for daring to be clever and suggesting that for one minute my brain and my hands were clever enough to alter the settings on an alarm. I take nothing away from the hard working andhighly trained experts - That includes Shaun - the brother in law who isa highly respected member of the community and works for a world renowned fire company!

the fact that he likes to eat all my grub and steal the good whiskey is irrelenvant... But I Digress.

once again - my benefactor - who will remain nameless - Thank you!
It is good to see that there is a shred of decency on thecountry - even though we have the saxons still beating on our door....

maybe we need to get a wall built?????

regards

J

seems that this is a contreversial topic and maybes we need an explanation ....

the wee wifie sleeps better at night when the wee alarm boax thingy is switched on!

every aspect of the system that is required has been tested switched on omited part set by an engineer with the correct literature with may I add the backing of his NACOSS approved pal!

I have to admit that his suggestion of rip the piece of s**t out and get a real one is still on the table!!!!

maybe if the saxonite spent more time on his business and paid more attention to what he does on a dailly basis his liability or otherwise insurance would not be as high.

As a profesional engineer ( Ieng, Miee, etc etc etc ) I have my own insurance needs and should I wish to update this I would be looking over an insurance web site - not a site dealing with electrical goods and their operation.

It seems that once again I owe the populus an apology for daring to be clever and suggesting that for one minute my brain and my hands were clever enough to alter the settings on an alarm. I take nothing away from the hard working andhighly trained experts - That includes Shaun - the brother in law who isa highly respected member of the community and works for a world renowned fire company!

the fact that he likes to eat all my grub and steal the good whiskey is irrelenvant... But I Digress.

once again - my benefactor - who will remain nameless - Thank you!
It is good to see that there is a shred of decency on thecountry - even though we have the saxons still beating on our door....

maybe we need to get a wall built?????

regards

J

whose "wee wifii...." yours or the fictional neighbour ? maybe she lives with the new found nacoss ( er they ceased to exist a few years ago) "approved" (though approval is NOT given to an individual) engineers pal who advised the mystery third man who actually tested and checked the system is working

remind me again - whats your role in all this ? oh yeah chief b###s#####r from what you`ve posted

you wanted a manual, you`ve got one from Joe (though it would have helped if you`d posted if it was pre or post 2000 you were looking for) you think you`ve got it sorted but I tell you know you`ve missed bits out

think I actually care ? of course not its your loss when it happens

Sponsored Links
naccos is irrelevant and lorraine - the wee wifie says you are a clown for the way you are going on.

who is joe by the way.

I rcvd an e mail from a company domain ie weejimmy@big co .com

not anyone called joe.

as for me being an "chief b###s#####r" I am sure there is a liablest comment there,.
I only helped lorraine and her hubby david to get the alarm sorted. Arthur - the man whose company install and maintains real alarms (he of the NACOSS - i thought it still existed) assisted on the fone. company approval was the name of the game there i beleive.
who is the mystery third man? you have once again managed to lose me completely with the inane drivel. I tested the system my self - why would I not do so - it was hardly difficult.

beats me whay you take it so personal. - is it because after opening you gub with a statement meant to scare that you now realise that you are completly outclassed - so now you have to result to bad language and inuendos to try and stay ahead.

I will not need to post on this topic again but I will stay around to listen in as it were.

Perhaps I will be able to give real helpful advice where required
I dont want the 30 pieces of silver you so desperately desire tho'.

thank you

J

Cardenjw should be a script writer. Very witty, very funny - and way above poor old Saxo. Haven't laughed so much for ages.

it seems that there must be an answer - in direct conflict to my previous statement regarding vis a vis the non answering mode in respect of the posting to this particular thread.

Thank you Joe.
;)

naccos is irrelevant and lorraine - the wee wifie says you are a clown for the way you are going on.

who is joe by the way.

I rcvd an e mail from a company domain ie weejimmy@big co .com

not anyone called joe.

as for me being an "chief b###s#####r" I am sure there is a liablest comment there,.
I only helped lorraine and her hubby david to get the alarm sorted. Arthur - the man whose company install and maintains real alarms (he of the NACOSS - i thought it still existed) assisted on the fone. company approval was the name of the game there i beleive.
who is the mystery third man? you have once again managed to lose me completely with the inane drivel. I tested the system my self - why would I not do so - it was hardly difficult.

beats me whay you take it so personal. - is it because after opening you gub with a statement meant to scare that you now realise that you are completly outclassed - so now you have to result to bad language and inuendos to try and stay ahead.

I will not need to post on this topic again but I will stay around to listen in as it were.

Perhaps I will be able to give real helpful advice where required
I dont want the 30 pieces of silver you so desperately desire tho'.

thank you

J
What a complete load of bollox
You claim to have taken the advice of Joe, the self confessed DIYer, then did the usual of bigging yourself up withyour degree (so what) then you start adding detail that you'd conveniently failed to post earlier.
Unfortunately most of what you say is misguided to say the least.

Once again my extreme apologies to the listeners on this site - Can someone please look thro the offending posts and tell me where I ever asked Mr joseph with the 90 glasses for assistance or indeed have taken said advice?

Mr Joe did not - and I emphatically repeat -- DID NOT -- tell me give me explain to me what was needed or what to do .

As to the matter of my degree - I worked hard for a 1.2 from strathclyde and I am proud of it.

My misguided statements or thereby are not being taken literally by the majority of the forumists involved and If truth be told I cannot say the misguided comment is correct.

I repaired - SUCCESSFULLY - my neighbours alarm. That is all
I asked for advice and rcvd it from Mr ' anonymous' ( name hidden to protect the helpful at his request)
I have since been trolled by a medieval saxonite with insurance issues
By the way I managed to get thro' a few bottles of magners that Lorraine and david brought up last night ( after leaving their house with the alarm on ) this was a small token of their infinite gratitude for services rendered.

best wishes regards and salutations

John c miee ieng beng(hons) msc
TEE hee LOL :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back