veritas alarm cant reset

Sponsored Links
My thoughts exactly!

No, he didn't ask for any money. I just feel for the neighbours who had to put up with the noise last night.

Thanks for all the advice, we will look at who you have suggested too. We could do with you up here in the north!

Thanks again

I landed on this thread as I have exactly the same alarm and have recently had a power cut.

Outside and internal sounders went during the power cut and went off after some time, when power came back on unit could not be reset and again alamr timed out after a while.

Now I have the LED on the main unit, the unset LED on the keypad and no zone leds at all. Had a check and both internal fuses are OK, charging is going to the battery but the battery off load is 3.6 volts, dead in other words.

We have never replaced batteries and it appears from reading this there is also one in the external unit, should I expect this to be the same type or do i need to climb a ladder to find out?

My main question is whether the main battery (FG20301) being dead will give the the symptoms of not recognising the keypad? - if the unit died of both mains and battery power during the power cut does it need programmed or are the settings in EPROM.

All advice welcome, I am technical but not experienced in alarm systems.

Thx

BTW I see similar batteries from £11 to £20 so they are not dear

Replace the internal the outside should be fine after a recharge , fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'm hoping to pick up a battery in the next few days, I will post again and let folk know how it goes.

Got a battery from Maplin, £27 which was more than I would have paid online. Once the alarm reset is was the same as has been, not resetting until it timed out after 20 mins.

Problem was that with the original battery being dead (13 years) and the power being off for around 4 hours the keypad code had reverted to the default 4321 and lost the code we were using, once reset normality returned.

So all is now well, good.

Perhaps others reading this in the future will see a battery does not last forever and it can cause lots of other problems.

Many thanks for getting back, not many do.

Happy new year.

So all is now well, good.
Happy new year.
Happy New Year to you as well, it's a shame that most people only want themselves sorted but that's the modern world, I believe in sharing.

I was a bit premature on the code resetting, I have both eng (1234) and user (4321) but the [4321 prog 60 5555 prog reset] doesn't work. Also tried 10 instead of 60, still no go but when I tried 00 instead of 60 I got all zone leds to light after hitting [prog] but the new code still didn't work.

The alarm is exactly as the original poster photographed, and I am having trouble getting an instruction book download, keep finding the Veritas 9 and 8E but they are not exactly the same, unit is 13 years old.

I will continue my search and post again when I find the answer, hopefully will help someone in future.

VERITAS 8c Pre-1999 panel
To change factory USER code (4321):-

enter Existing Code *,*,*,*,
enter 0,0
enter 0,1
enter New Code *,*,*,*,
press PROG
press RESET.

VERITAS 8c Pre-1999 panel
To change factory ENGINEER code (1234):-

From the Programming Menu, enter 0 8. All the Zone lights will turn off

Enter your NEW 4 digit code. Lights 1,2,3 & 4 will illuminate in turn.

Press PROG. The system will Chime to confirm new code.

The system will then revert to the Programming Menu & all the zone lights will illuminate

As before it needs a new battery.

Oh I so wish people used the search button.

Thanks Alarm & Europlex, normality has now returned. :D

Help !
!!! we have bought a house. unfortunately the old lady passed away taking the alarm code with her , how can we reset the code without the old code ?

Factory default is the only way of resetting user code if you do not no it.
Warning. If panel engineer locked then control panel useless.you will only no this when you try default.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back