Need to reset Veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved to a new house with Veritas V8 Security installed. My son accidently pressed some buttons and alarm triggered. I removed a black wire form the alarm to stop the noise and sound from the panel stopped after sometime, but I now have Unset button solid green and tamper light blinking red.

Any help how to reset this security system back to operational. Please note I don't know the code.

Many thanks in Anticipation.

Attachments

• 15853116175423622844716263997578.jpg
    15853116175423622844716263997578.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 309
Sponsored Links
even if its locked it will default, just wont change the engineers code, so you wont be able to reprogram it, but the user code 4321 will be reinstated regardless

The nvms can be unlocked, however someone is offering the service on ebay relatively cheap at the minute not sure they are making any money based on time and effort.

I am guessing they will put up prices eventually but at £14 plus posting the panel to them, I would be tempted to buy a new panel or pcb rather than have it unlocked.
My concern would be having the appropriate means to send the pcb only safely.

I have recently done this with a elite panel but took a few attempts to complete and verify everything is okay afterwards, but I had to default the panel, they are able to just change the codes apparently even with locked NVM.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back