Veritas Alarm - Tamper light on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have veritas alarm from previous owner. I switched off electrics for the property and when I switched on alarm started and didn't stop. I switched off electrics for alarm section to stopped beeping. I asked previous owner and she told me that she changed battery 10 years back so I opened main alarm panel and changed battery. I started all electrics and reset alarm after that but tamper light is on since then and I am not able to set alarm.

I tried opening panel and put battery again thinking it may be I haven't closed panel properly but Tamper light is still on. Any idea to fix this issue, please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I checked control panel lid again but it is still same.

What do you mean by that "it is set for engineer reset on Tamper"? Sorry, I am new new this.

Sponsored Links
If engineer reset ,then you will need the engineers code to clear tamper fault.
Double check tamper switch on pcb. Could you get someone to hold spring down then try yo reset with your code and pressing reset.This would prove the switch is closed correctly.

I tried closing lid properly and then pressed engineer code on keypad and then enter password and then press reset.

I will take someone's help tomorrow to hold spring to check if I am doing it correctly. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back