Veritas alarm tamper reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Texecom Veritas installed 2002.
I have hit the keypad while decorating and have set off the alarm, when I put my code in the alarm stopped sounding but now the keypad shows a green unset light and a flashing red tamper light, if I press reset or put my code in I get a single tone and no other function, also would like to relocate the keypad so any advise on this would be appreciated.
cheers

Sponsored Links
So the tamper didn't clear after typing your code in and pressing reset.

If you have access to the engineers code (default 1234), type this in press program, all your zone lights should light up.

Press 19, this should take you to a latching walk test, if the tamper light is on it should be beeping 9 times, 10 times if a power fault and would have a flashing power light/ flashing unset light.

Press the omit key, that should then light up a zone number (this number refers to where the tamper is coming from)

if the following zones are illuminated after following the above.

1 is bell box or global tamper circuit
2 is a power fault
3 Lid tamper, panel lid or keypad lid
4 Line monitor (note r8+ and Excel only)
5 Keypad offline
6 Code pin tamper
7 (cant remember but possible a PA)
8 EOL (note r8+ and Excel only)

Given that you knocked it and was able to silence the alarm, its probably going to be a lid tamper.

Given the unit is over 5 years old when did you last replace your back up battery as its due to be replaced if its over 5 years old.

Thanks for reply, I have tried 1234 program and I only get a single tone sound & nothing else, the company who installed it went out of business several years ago.

cheers

Sponsored Links
got it working, i pressed the keypad to make sure it was located correctly then pressed 1234 reset.
thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back