Veritsasr R8 reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i'm hoping someone can help me. I replaced my veritas alarm battery. when i fitted the new battery the alarm unit started bleeping loud. I then entered my alarm code on the keypad unit but now the unset light is flashing green and the tamper light is constantly on red. is there something I need to key in to reset this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
~did you connect the battery the correct way around?
Red to red black to black?

Did you set the lit tamper back correctly?

Sounds like a reverse polarity if it bleeped right away.

Hi

It is an R8 unit. yes, the battery was connected the right way round- red to red and black to black.
Pressing reset on the keypad unit and entering my code silenced the bleeping from the battery unit, but now the keypad unit is stuck with the unset light flashing green and the tamper light constantly on red.

Is there any master reset to do of some sort? I followed the manual instructions of trying to change the alarm code to see if that fixed it, but it had no effect.

Any other ideas before I have to bite the bullet and get an electrician out?

Thanks
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Try setting and tell us how many times it bleeps.

Also it might be on engineer reset for tampers.

Why a sparks, get an alarm engineer :D
Awaits the flack!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back