Veritas Alarm Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m posting this because I couldn’t find any information in regards to replacing our old Veritas 8 alarm.

We moved into a new house and we were given an alarm code that didn’t seem to work, we assumed the system was defective and after finding that the engineer code had been changed and locked out we opted to replace the system.

We upgraded to the Veritas Excel so that we could benefit from the the digital display on the keypad without having to repaint the wall as it covers the same area and also continue using the same bell box and sensors.

I was slightly concerned with compatibility with our aging PIR sensors but bit the bullet and purchased the Excel new for £55. For anyone looking at doing something similar it is definitely a DIY job for those with a basic knowledge of working with high voltage power, it’s pretty much a straight swap.

Ladders are required to disable the bell box during installation but that was the only issue we had.

Although I’m not a pro if you have any questions in regards to updating your Veritas system don’t hesitate to ask!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back