Veritas R8 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please. I’ve just replaced a battery in my alarm and I think I may have pressed some buttons that I shouldn’t of when trying to get out of the engineer section. When I do a full set now only lights 1 and 6 show when it’s setting. When I enter my hallway now it doesn’t beep like it used to for me to put my code in. If I enter my other two rooms it sets off the alarm straightaway like it’s meant to. Can anyone help me to switch the hallway back on to the entry/exit zone please. I’ve got a user guide but I don’t understand it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Need to know the zone number for hallway and what you want it to do . I.e. start the entry to allow you to unset or allow you to walk through the hallway detector when front door opened to access the alarm keypad.

Hi, sorry my post was a bit manic, I went into panic mode after I messed the alarm up. My hallway is zone 1 and usually when I enter the hallway from either my front door or I come down from upstairs the 30 second delay tone sounds so I can get to the unit to turn the alarm off. Zone 1 doesn’t seem to be covered anymore. I hope that makes sense

I need to change it back so that when I enter zone 1 I can deactivate the alarm before it goes off

Sponsored Links
Your need to enter engineer PROGRAMMING mode by using the engineer code.
When in programming mode
Enter 116 prog
This should make zone 1 entry exit

I just entered the engineer code, pressed prog, entered 116 then prog again but it still does the same. Am I doing something wrong?

If you type in 48 ...is any LED's lit ?
If you type in 49 ...is any LED's lit ?

Do I need to be in the engineer mode then press 48?

If I put the engineer code in then prog then 48 or 49 there are no lights lit

The Zones that it usually covers is 1,2 and 3. I’ve never really noticed what lights light up whilst it’s setting before but at the moment when I set the alarm only 1 and 5 flash until it sets. I don’t know if that will throw and light onto the situation. BTW thank you for the replies so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back