Veritas R8 - Replace PIR's (And Maybe Panel)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Veritas R8 alarm panel which was fitted over 20 years ago and I would like to replace the PIR's with pet friendly ones. The old PIR's have the standard 6 wires as do the new ones. Is it a straight forward swap or will I need to do any programming to the panel?

My second issue is that if I do need to reprogram the panel in any way, I don't know the engineer code and the fitter has long gone out of business. I also don't know if the engineer code is locked. I thought about buying a replacement R8 replacement panel and just swapping the wires over and then re-programming it but then I wondered about getting an Elite panel and making use of the smartphone app to control it. However I am confused by the model numbers. Would I need just the Elite 24 and a new keypad along with the Smartcom module or do I need the W version?

Thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links
Just a 24 elite , keypad and smartcom ...what pet is it ? And pir location is critical with pet pirs , I’ve had no issues with optex rx40pt or Bosch pet pirs with cats ...again the position is critical...

Just a 24 elite , keypad and smartcom ...what pet is it ? And pir location is critical with pet pirs , I’ve had no issues with optex rx40pt or Bosch pet pirs with cats ...again the position is critical...
Can the elite 24 do wireless devices as well?
It’s a dog I have, around 15kg in weight. I was looking at the Homeywell basic pir.

Sponsored Links
Only with an expander .....keep dog in one room ....
He's already kept in one room where there are 2 sensors so I had to turn off the sensors but that means they are off all the time which is why I wanted pet friendly ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back