Vertical Blind Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A26BBC0A-D4CC-46B5-B87B-0B5F6FDF8E86.jpeg
Just had vertical blinds fitted and am unhappy not only with the way the fittings have been fitted lacking symmetry but also with the choice of fittings which are completely exposed and not the usual concealed type with the little levers. The result is that there is a gap all the way along the top of the blind casing. There are 3 fittings and I expected 1 to be in the exact centre and the other 2 equidistant from each end. However, the one in the middle is 10cm right of exact centre, the one on the left 18cms from the upright and the one on the right 13cms from the upright. The blind cost well over £200 and I’m wondering what others would do given the same concerns.

Sponsored Links
Only seen concealed fixings on horizontal blinds.As for position depends on what is being fixed to , possibly timber position above , if not then would expect equal spacing .

Place timber across rail to hide is one fix. But as you say, brackets are not in the correct position. I shine laser and mark before drilling although not my trade I have fitted a few

Sponsored Links
What about the gaps at the side? Is that normal?

Normally have a small gap either side. Can get a bit tight if i skim inside window but some have more room to spare than others

Normally have a small gap either side. Can get a bit tight if i skim inside window but some have more room to spare than others
Thanks for your help. A second joiner called in, replaced the fittings and sorted everything to our satisfaction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back