Blinds headrail pelmet fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just installed around ten blinds in a house we recently purchased.
Aside from a slight miscalculation on one of the blinds, all has gone well up until I started on the (50p) bay window. I carried out the measurements as per the blinds companys specs (marking A4 paper for 50mm slats - 7cm mark and marked where the two points hit each other).
Unfortunately I did this from the bottom rather than the top... you would've thought they were the same right? What I failed to take into account was a piece of architrave which sits (at an off key angle) above the frame. Rang around/read through advice for cutting widths off blinds, but before I commenced I realised I could get away with cutting the head rail only (a few centimetres either side). I did this because the side windows would have an obvious gap in the window.

They're up now and look pretty good - above the bay is plasterboard which flows into the ceiling proper (those plasterboard rawls do the trick very well). Once I set to work on the ceiling (more than likely ripping out for electric and lighting work) I'll strengthen the section in the hollow bay and refit the blinds, probably taking out that architrave).

My query is how to fit (nicely) the headrail pelmet on the bay angle (I'm guessing a 30 degree angle) - in other words, is there a speciall cut I can do so they fit snugly?

The pic below is how they would fit and may have to sit if I can't source a solution. Not had a problem with the rest of the blinds as they are all recess fits (no side returns).

photo.jpg

Mnay thanks.

Sponsored Links
Apologies for the bump...but has anyone ever fitted headrail pelmets on bay windows? I can probably just about get away with fitting them together without cutting - it won't be at all seamless and will have a gap on the curve but they'll hide the headrail. I'm struggling how I would go about A: finding the angle (use paper template?) B: make the mitre cut (the 45 degree ones are difficult enough...once had a bit of a nightmare with coving and skirting boards!)

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back