Fitting blinds to this awkward bay window

• Thread starter Deleted member 281264
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 281264

I need to fid some blinds to this 5 sided bay window, but the reccess is not thick enough for most blinds and then there is architrave above.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If it were me I think I'd consider building a pelmet on the face of the 'architrave' to house the blinds, the face of the pelmet running paralell with the architrave.

Perfect fit blinds?
Quite a few options/styles

Sponsored Links
My windows are flush casement windows, unfortunately perfect fit blinds will not work

One fitter suggested drilling into the frame and gave me a ridiculous quote, so I'd rather do it myself

If it were me I think I'd consider building a pelmet on the face of the 'architrave' to house the blinds, the face of the pelmet running paralell with the architrave.
thanks, good suggestion what would you use for the pelmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bendy plywood or similar (its a thing, google it). It's possible to make your own to save buying the ready made stuff if you put a series of cuts in the rear of the board, you would need access to a table or mitre saw or similar though. Might be worth considering.

You would need to keep the distance between the new pelmet and the architrave to a minimum to reduce any twisting under the weight of the blinds.
What type of blinds are you fixing?
Roller, Venetian, vertical, Roman?

Or 3mm MDF is quite a popular choice for this by all accounts, after googling, the whole thing ideally made up and then hung on the wall rather than making it insitu.

Thanks, I was thinking MDF might be better

I'm still a little confused about how to do it best and make it look good. Where and how would you suggest is the best way to attach it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back