Blinds headrail pelmet fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Originally posted this in the wood section, but perhaps it might be better in the windows threads?

To cut a longish story short, I need to try and blend a central blind pelmet into the side window pelmet.
When I took the original measurements for '50p' bay windows, I took the measurement (A4 paper - 70mm mark for 50mm slats) as it was easier than at the top. I failed to take into account a 'architrave' fitted (badly) above the window frame - this is both off centre (at least the left side is) and juts out an inch. After a few phone calls/forum searches, I thought rather than cutting all the blind slats to fit I could merely cut the headrail shorter, but let the blinds hang on their full width. This works and means I no longer have a gap in the corners looking out of the windows.

The pelmets I have been supplied have 45 degree mitre cuts which, whilst fine for the side returns, won't work on the centre blinds where they meet the side left and right blinds.

I can fit them as per the pic below, but would prefer to have them perfectly joined. I'm guessing I have to work out the angle then mitre this so they fit flush - again guessing at a 30ish degree angle.

photo.jpg

And a pic of the the bay where the two headrails meet:

livingroombay.jpg

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this up, but I have a feeling I may have over complicated my query, or at least explained it none too well!

Has anybody fitted (either wood, plastic or metal) headrail pelmets on a bay window? Choice between butting each pelmet up against each other (like in my pic) and not worrying about a seamless join (there will be the gap) or determing the angle so I can carry out a mitre cut - I genuinely wouldn't know where to start to both find the angle and carry out the cut (I have a mitre block, but this is fixed at the 45 degree).

Cheers!

Since they are stuck to the headrail with a bit a velcro you cannot achieve a seamless join.

Sponsored Links
Since they are stuck to the headrail with a bit a velcro you cannot achieve a seamless join.

I won't be fixing them with the velcro - I have these clips which I'll screw into the top/back of the pelmet and hang these from the headrail, which means the pelmet can be moved left and right..but I see your point...I think even with these clips I'll struggle to fit them exactly...?!?

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back