Vertical Drop for 40mm Bathroom waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove the bathroom sink and show waste from my soil pipe and run separately to take to load off the septic tank (wife spends to much time in the shower)
It will have to drop vertically 2.5m into the surface water grid.

I guess I will not be able to use 40mm pipe ? is a collector box the right way to go?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The shower waste is 40mm and the basin 32mm, which can be joined using a swept tee (plus reducer after that to the basin)......but guiding the waste into a surface water drain?? Not sure about that one!
Your septic tank will cope with that waste no problem - if it can't then the loo has an issue too......is the outfall working?
John :)

The shower waste is 40mm and the basin 32mm, which can be joined using a swept tee (plus reducer after that to the basin)......but guiding the waste into a surface water drain?? Not sure about that one!
Your septic tank will cope with that waste no problem - if it can't then the loo has an issue too......is the outfall working?
Thanks for the reply, all the pipework is fine. I just need to take some load off the septic tank soak away. Just unsure of the correct way to drop a 40mm waste 2.4m without running it all the way round my house

The wastes can be joined internally, as per my first post but if you have two pipes coming out of the wall they are collected into a 'hopper head' which has one outlet......if thats the way you want to go.

Sponsored Links
Hi, both pipes are already connected internally on a tee, just need to know the cleanest / correct way to drop the waste 2.5m on the outside of my property, without using another soil pipe.
Thanks in advance

J

Well, the 40mm waste should be just fine - its unusual for the shower and basin to be used at the same time.
Is the fresh water gully directly below where the pipes exit the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back