40mm and 32mm waster pipes over 3m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are constructing a new en-suite which will have 3 new waste pipes, i.e. 110mm toilet, 40mm shower and 32mm hand basin. The builder has already put me in a new vertical soil and vent pipe (SVP) outside ready to connect into.

The main issue I have (to avoid drilling through 7 separate floor joists) is that I want to run the 40mm shower waste parrallel with the joists (2.5m), then drop it through the ceiling into the kitchen below at 92.5 deg, and then horizontally in line with an I-beam (2.5m) out toward the soil stack. The I-beam is being boxed in anway so the pipe across the kitchen ceiling would be hidden. The total run of 40mm pipe would be 5m which takes it well over the recommded 3m.

What I want to know is whether I can run a 110mm waste pipe instead along the I-beam and into the soil stack, and then drop my 40mm shower and 32mm basin through the ceiling and directly into this 110m waste leg. The toilet will connect directly to the main SVP, rather then connected into this new 110mm waste leg.

If this is possible then it keeps the number of connections to the main SVP down to 2 x 110m connections (1 - toilet and 2 - shower/basin). Also when I revamp the main bathroom (future project) I can easily drop a separate 40mm for a new bath location and 2nd 40mm shower into this same 110mm waste leg.

Any help would be appreciated as not sure this configuration (although tidy and less drilling) is permitted.

Sponsored Links
In short, yes you can do this, all you need are some strap on bosses with the correct inserts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back