Vertical radiator warm not hot

I have a 3 vertical radiators which have baffle's fitted. A sticker label indicated this as did the MI's.
Flow or return sides is not an issue. At least not with the verts that I have.

Sponsored Links
Your rad has an output of nearly 2kws so a long run of 10mm wont allow enough heat to the rad, time to upgrade your pipework perhaps ?

Your rad has an output of nearly 2kws so a long run of 10mm wont allow enough heat to the rad, time to upgrade your pipework perhaps ?
Upgrade pipework?? Our plumber knew the plan to replace a standard horizontal rad to the vertical rad whilst we were redoin the kitchen, all he did was move the existing 10mm pipework along the wall about 40cm

Some that I fitted recently needed a hex blanking screw fitted at installation.

That enabled either side to be the flow.

They were causing the flow to only rise up one tube and return down the others in parallel.

But as suggested I wonder is there is sufficient flow.

But I await the result of turning off all the other rads.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi all firstly i would like to thank.all of you for our input. I did get panicy about your suggestions of10mm piping been inadequate for the rad but after messin around with the balacing as suggested it seems to have made a great deal of difference. The rad is now hot to the touch, although does seem to take abit longer than a normal traditional rad to heat up but that is something i can deal with.

So hopefully now i can put to bed the worries of an dodgy install.

Again thanks for your input
Adam:)

One of the reasons they take longer to heat up is that most have a higher water content!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back