Vertical Rad - half hot half warm ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a circo vertical rad (like a large Tolberone)

All the other rads in the house get very hot within 10 mins but the vert rad only get hot on half the fins and warm on the other.

I have bled the system twice and water comes straight out

A new Danfoss TRV has been added to the return pipe and has been change for bi direction.

Any idea's are welcome :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You have connecected the rad the right way round I suppose? Some of these fancy rads have specific flow & return connections.

Maybe it is designed this way as if it all gets hot the chocolate will melt :LOL:
Pete

Sponsored Links
are you sure , youre sure , to be sure you have got the danfoss trv set up correctly. i presume we are talking ras d2 or whatever they freeking call em.

Have you got the rad the right way up or will it only go one way.

Homebase towel rads have a red sticker which falls off in the box and is supposed to indicate which is top....or is it bottom :confused:

Stan

wilhelm said:
are you sure , youre sure , to be sure you have got the danfoss trv set up correctly. i presume we are talking ras d2 or whatever they freeking call em.

I think i may have sorted it. I bled the rad again but nothing so i took the ras d2 off so the value was not regulating the rad.... nothing so i bled all the other rads and a small amount of air came from the first rad away from the boiler.

I then turned down all the rads and opened them up by 3 turns.

Hey presto... it seems to work.... fingers crossed.

I then refitted the TRV on the return pipe and set it to III the rad then seemed to cool down.... so the TRV must be working

Will need to monitor this week as new carpet is due on Monday !!!!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back