Very difficult to find an Origin window installer in London?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am getting my bathroom redone, and in the process have decided to replace the timber sash window with an aluminium one.

I've received a quote from a company that deals with Origin windows, but rather late in the process they backed out and said they will do supply only. The price they had quoted for supply and fit was around £1k.

I've sent loads of emails to various websites, tried an ad on mybuilder.com etc and so far no one seems able or willing to take on this job.

Could anyone here recommend someone, or another good place to look/advertise?

Here are the details of the job:

1 bathroom window, 91cm x 170cm (reaches to ceiling), 13cm depth/ledge (into wall cavity)
Aluminium, slim dark frame, single pane, side opening to right, double glazed, clear glass, to replace an existing sash window.
Possible to source an Origin window and would just need install, or other options you can suggest (Reynaers etc).

It would (ideally) need to be installed between 27th May to June 5th. Or as soon as possible after that, since tiler will have to come back to finish tiling around the window.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back