Very Long Shower Waste (18 M)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am moving my shower from the 3rd bedroom to the master to create an en suite and free up a bedroom.

The problem is that the front bedroom results in a pipe run of approximately 18 Metres!

The pipe will run 4.5 Metres from the shower across the bedroom and then drop diagonally through the wall into the passageway between my house and next door (it's a terrace) then it will turn 90 degrees and run 12 Metres to the rear of the house before turning 90 degrees and travelling 1.5 metres down to the gulley.

I was intending to run this in 50mm solvent fit. Would this be able to drain effectively? Or could the run simply be far too long?

Is there a better way of doing it?

Cheers,

Ian

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

They do run from front to back, but that would only shorten the run by about 4 metres and I'm not sure I'd get sufficient fall as the gap between bottom of floor boards and ceiling is about 6 inches.

Right where the shower is going there is a waste pipe outside for rainwater, but it runs underground to the street drain in front of the house. I don't think the council would be too impressed with that option!

Sponsored Links
No problem , provided you use 50mm and the tray end is vented.

It may hit the gully a bit quick, so if theres a soil it could join it would be better.

Cheers for the reassurance.

I take it that it doesn't matter that the majority of the run is outside (or at least subjected to outdoor temperatures)?

Not provided it has a 1-40 fall minimum, and there's no dips where the water can settle.

The important thing is the vent on the end, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to put access plugs on the change of directions.

I would go mad with the brackets as well, every 1.2m ish

isnt it fantasic a plumber who lives in "BATH" you couldt get any better :D :D
as a chippy i suppose i could live in chipping norton or seven oaks or i suppose chipping sodbury /chippenham or even woodford in essex
but none would be as satisfactory as a plumber in bath :D :D :D and such a helpfull one as well on lots of "thanks" recomendations ;)
ok jelousy there my information is obviously lacking ;)

isnt it fantasic a plumber who lives in "BATH" you couldt get any better :D :D
as a chippy i suppose i could live in chipping norton or seven oaks or i suppose chipping sodbury /chippenham or even woodford in essex
but none would be as satisfactory as a plumber in bath :D :D :D and such a helpfull one as well on lots of "thanks" recomendations ;)
ok jelousy there my information is obviously lacking ;)
anyone in Bognor?

Morning Big_All you're up early or is it late ;)

Spent 20 odd years in Bognor, dextrous, in fact I will be visiting my Daughter and in laws in 10days time.

Morning Big_All you're up early or is it late ;)

Spent 20 odd years in Bognor, dextrous, in fact I will be visiting my Daughter and in laws in 10days time.

i was on my way to bed and just thought how approprite for a plumber ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back