Very old Vaillant boiler... time to say goodbye?

Maybe Agile Tony could cover it. He's expert at everything. ;)

Sponsored Links
amaryllis said:
Why did that post disappear???????????????????
Because I suggested you contact someone who the moderator doesn't like :evil: ? Probably against forum rules to arrange business on it. All I was doing was suggest a regular poster and very able engineer who I think covers north London. If you email me I can give you details.

I think that about three posts have disappeared!

The simple answer is that the people who run these sites use unpaid moderators who do it just for the power complex that it gives them!

Recently the Owner of this site did relent on the question of asking about costs, a perfectly reasonable question for most people!

During that discussion he was made aware that professionals who gave free advice here did not like the extreme interference with their postings by those unpaid mods.

For the last few weeks the mods seem to have heeded his apparent advice to "lay off" and I have even made a few posting myself.

Unfortunately for you, as a few weeks have passed the mods are getting bolder and are now apparently just deleting whatever takes their fancy. They do this without heeding the published rules which say that an explanation will be given if anything is modified or deleted.

As a professional involved in plumbing and heating, I am always very sad to hear of anyone who has received less than ideal treatment by their plumber. Often this is due to lack of knowledge and experience rather than any intention to rip any one off.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
They do this without heeding the published rules which say that an explanation will be given if anything is modified or deleted.

Indeed. And I object too.
large-smiley-051.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back