Very rough idea of extention cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 3 bed semi (2 good size bedrooms 1 box room) with an attatched double garage approx (21 sq m) with double skin cavity walls.

We are thinking of extending over the garageto make a bigger family bathroom and a master en suite bedroom.

Clearly footings and planning need to be checked but can someone give me a very rough idea of what to expect cost wise for this?

Ill possibly get some builders to look at sketches etc but theres no point even looking at financing it if this is way out of my budget.

We are in Staffordshire just for futher info

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy thats really useful

I know what your saying. How long is a piece of string. All im looking for is for someone to say something like "ye we had something like that done it cost us £20k

I know it all depends on a lot like spec, size and builder choice etc.

Anyway not to worry

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Hopefully the footings are ok but obviously ill get them checked. My sister just bought her house at the top of my road and her neighbour who is a builder says he helped the previous owner to build the garage extention and says the footings were put down with the view to extend up so fingers crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back