Very slow drip from combi-boiler

28 Jul 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've just noticed a very slow drip from the pipe under my combi-boiler. It seems to be coming from the pipe which connects to the filling-loop. Any ideas? and is it worth calling out a gas engineer?
I did read an article about bleeding the radiators to release some pressue?

Sorry about the spelling mistake "the are" in the picture (was rushing)


Sponsored Links
You only need to release pressure if it's too high. Looks like the nut just needs tightening up, or the washer needs replacing, but it might be coming from higher up. Worth getting it checked out
Me thinks it is coming from higher up as screw is marked as if there has been water on it
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I just had it serviced about 3 weeks ago and all was reported fine...
I put a cup under it over night to see how much it drips, not a single drip. :?:

Am I allowed to try and tighten this bolt or is it only gas registered engineers that can touch it? Just trying to avoid a callout fee when I have only just paid them to come out and see it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local