Very very clever .........British wile had them completely fooled

Sponsored Links
To be fair to the Jerries, the Chippies and brickies I know who worked there in the eighties all say they were treated slightly better than the Turks.

Sponsored Links
No one country won that war. One could not have beaten the Germans on their own.
Indeed...

The problem is quitters want to turn their backs on many of the countries that helped stop Britain being overrun.

And don't forget...

The US only came to help belatedly...

After working out how to make a buck or two, and replace the British Empire as the dominant world power!

To be fair to the Jerries, the Chippies and brickies I know who worked there in the eighties all say they were treated slightly better than the Turks.
Of course when England becomes the 'sick man of Europe' again, said trades won't be able to automatically 'eke out a living' over there again...

Talk about turkeys voting for christmas :rolleyes:

After working out how to make a buck or two, and replace the British Empire as the dominant world power!

They knew if Britain fell the world would become German eventually.. The Germans were on the verge of nuclear technology.

They would have had the ability in time to bomb America from space.

We the British slowed Germany down producing such devastating weapons.

America simply had to jump off the fence.

Of course when England becomes the 'sick man of Europe' again, said trades won't be able to automatically 'eke out a living' over there again...

Talk about turkeys voting for christmas :rolleyes:

A Turkey has never voted for Chistmas

Oh look, there's the sound of Harry moving the goal posts.

Notice how harry and the German haters can't deny this though....

No goalposts were moved, the discussion was clearly about WWII and the aftermaths. We had no forced labour, now or then.

I am am far from a German, France, Italian, or any other country in the EU hater. I just don't think remaining as a part of the EU, is the best for the UK's future. It was a good idea whilst it lasted, but its had its day so far as the UK is concerned.

..and I see yet another thread is being kidnapped to discuss Brexit. End of discussion so far as I am concerned..

Last edited:

Gastarbeiters ( Guest Workers ) from both Greece and Turkey were treated badly in the early 1970's. I was mistaken for a Greek in a resturant and given a bill for far more than the menu prices.

When challenged the Germanic waiter admitted to the "error". And then all but admitted that the "error" occured because they thought I was Greek

When challenged the Germanic waiter admitted to the "error". And then all but admitted that the "error" occured because they thought I was Greek

I was mistaken for a German, when working in Italy. The Italians hate the Germans, the French hate us for what we did to their fleet and going even further back for Brittany. The Spanish hate us for Gib'.

Germany also had Radar, except they didn't understand the value of it and didn't develop it to the extent that the UK did with our high frequency centimetre radar.

We also developed GEE and Oboe, for precision night bombing, plus H2S ground radar to aid bombing accuracy. We also developed the Earthquake bombs plus the aircraft with a capacity to deliver such a large single bomb load, no one else had anything close to the bomb or the aircraft.

We rather ignored the jet engine until after the war, whereas Germany actually developed crude jet powered aircraft, plus the V weapons. However Germany had access to the (expendable) labour and manufacturing capability by then, of most of Europe.

And don't forget the wooden bloody wonder !!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back