Vibrating hot water tap following boiler upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could some please give me some advise on what the probable cause of a vibrating pipe when switching on the hot tap at low flow rate.

I have just had my Artisan Eurocombi A/23 replaced with a Worchester 29CDI. Prior to the install of the worchester I had no problem with with my hot water at a low flow rate and never experienced any vibration.

Since installing the new boiler, the kitchen hot tap ( 15yr old mixer ) makes a terrible noise and vibrates the pipe when you turn the tap on but not at full flow. The problem does not exist when using the hot water in the bathroom or shower upstairs.

I contacted the installer and he said it was the jumper on the kitchen tap. Unfortunately he was unable to call back today to have a look. Is this the likely cause or is it something wrong with the boiler or installation . Any help appreciated

Regards
Adie

Sponsored Links
Id say your plumber is right, replace jumper in tap (cartridge).

replace jumper in tap (cartridge).
NB: A jumper and a cartridge are two entirely different things.

Tap jumpers:
71668.jpg

Mixer cartridges:
Faucet-Ceramic-Mixer-Cartridges-Gear-Type-.jpg

Quarter Turn cartridges:
1114145839_1602.jpg

There are variations of all three.

Sponsored Links
Your installer has already said its probably the tap jumper why question him?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back