Vibrating Pipes / Cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

This all started with a dripping overflow in my airing cupboard & British Gas replaced a pressure value which solved that problem, he did redo a bit of pipework in there too but I don’t know exactly what.

Since then though whenever I turn on the hot tap in the bath there is a weird noise / vibration, I’ve attached a sound file (I've had to zip it sorry), 6 seconds in is where I turn the tap on the & weird noise starts on 11s. I'm sure other hot taps were causing the same but not any more

I asked British Gas to come back & they guy they sent yesterday isn’t sure what this could be.

Possible theories were:-
Duff tap but I’m reluctant to accept this is a coincidence it since started when their bloke originally came
A wobbly pipe & a pipe clip has come off hence vibration / noise, again coincidence

He offered to change the pressure valve again but didn’t seem convinced that would make any difference, photos below of the old value (left) and new (right)
Original.jpeg
New.jpg

Any other possible theories appreciated.

Thanks

Mono

Attachments

• Pipe Noise.zip
    272.9 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back